Tuesday, October 6, 2009

day 1 FAI/Labral Tear surgery

Yesterday...Oct 5th, 2009...I had a hip arthoscopy for F.A.I and Labral Tear...Im a bit upset that I did not talk to the doc after the procedure. All I know is that I did not wake up with a brace on, so thats good, I guess, meaning that the recovery wont be as long, but I guess it means that he did not have to repair the tear only clean-up?

So today is my first morning after surgery. so far so good! getting around is very hard for me, as i have zero upper body strength. prior to this surgery, i had four lumbar back surgeries. i am using a walker in stead of crutches...im not too swift on those things, lol!!!

I have a pt appt at 10am...so i will post when i get back.

PS thanks a bunch for all of you who blog daily about your experience...it really is helpful!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. So you are really new to the process ! There are so many different stories out there about the recovery process and I would respectfully tell you to go check them out. You will know what to expect, seeing as we are all pretty similar. Louisa and myself both have extensive links to other blogs so you will not have to go searching.
    My back is also a huge issue for me with Facet Joint Arthritis, but not nearly the extent you have had. How are you doing with the recovery so far ? back pain ? I know the first week afterward I couldn't stand the back pain it was so bad. To this day my back hurts worse than the hip !
    I have so many questions for you !

    ReplyDelete